Marble is a metamorphic rock found in the mountainous regions of many countries of the world. Marble quarried in India, China, Italy, Turkey and Spain represents the majority of marble, in terms of volume, that is utilized worldwide. Because of its beauty and elegance, marble is a popular choice for countertops, floors, foyers, fireplace facings, fire hearths, walls, and windowsills. Many marbles are well suited for wet area application, which extends the versatility of this material to include baths and showers.
The calcite crystal is the basic building block of true marbles. The calcite crystal is vulnerable to attack by mild acids, including those commonly found in kitchen and bar settings, so although not ruled out completley, use for these applications requires more care and maintenance.
Marble with its inherent warmth, adds a sophisticated element to the area in which it is installed making it a very a popular compliment to modern interiors.
- Calacatta Vagli - Continue Reading
- Picasso Dream - Continue Reading
- Nordic Grey - Continue Reading
- Pietra Grey - Continue Reading
- Tundra Blue - Continue Reading
- Grigio Ermanno - Continue Reading
- Arabescato Bianco - Continue Reading
- Calacatta Carrara - Continue Reading
- Aurora Cream - Continue Reading
- Rosso Alicante - Continue Reading